Wednesday, July 30, 2008

From up here you look so small

I am in a monogamous relationship because I choose to love my partner to the exclusion of all others and I trust him to do the same. Apparently not everyone shares that ideal. I am eternally surrounded by people who cavalierly enjoy the genital delights offered by someone other than their significant other.

According to an online article from Discover, one in twenty-five men are unknowingly raising another man's child.

From a simple evolutionary standpoint, the advantage of a monogamous relationship for a man is that he will not expend resources on a child that is not biologically his (without his knowledge) and he is ensured that his lineage will continue for at least one more generation.

For a woman, it's important that she will not have resources diverted from her own offspring to that of another woman with whom her partner has also bred with.

It's always about sex & money.

Ann O

No comments: