Thursday, March 26, 2009

She pooped in my cornflakes, but I'll get even.

I am trying to shake off a bad case of the nasties I caught from some gleefully rotten customer service representative from Nicor. I don't want to bore you with the details, but the gist of it is that I need Nicor to provide proof that I did not have gas service in my name at a former residence after a certain date. Seems simple enough, yes? I faxed a letter to Nicor, per Nicor's request a month ago. I received a call back today from "Fatima", letting me know that my request is being denied. She did not understand what the letter was requesting and would not stop interupting me long enough to hear. She was rude, inflexible and probably didn't have two brain cells to rub together. I mentioned to her that she might want to consider changing her attitude, seeing as she works in CUSTOMER SERVICE.

My problem was not that she was calling to give me bad news, which was frustrating, but nothing I cannot handle. The issue was that she sounded positively JUBILANT as she crapped all over my morning. You could tell that she was DELIGHTED to be giving me bad news. I apologized to her for what must be such an awful life that it inspires her in her place of work to be a raging cuntface. I hope Fatima loses her job and is replaced by somebody who is actually grateful to have employment.

There. I have finished ranting and now I can move on with my day.

On the bright side, the sun is out!!! I am hoping to get my work done early enough so that I can take a couple of pictures. And tomorrow is the Aurora ArtWalk which I am stoked about. And Saturday is the Bluegrass Festival. These are all happy, wonderful things. The world is a lovely place.

Take that, Fatima.

No comments: